"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139:16


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Whisper Love


Tonight I just want to write a quick note about my sweet, spunky Norah. It's amazing how a 17 month old, who really isn't saying many decipherable words, by the way, can so clearly communicate. For example, when I dropped her off in nursery, she pulled her typical shriek and throw herself on the floor routine to express her displeasure at being left there (It usually only lasts about 30 seconds... just long enough so I know she's not happy about it). Here's another example: when Norah spotted our dear friend, Jennifer Boersma, she made it apparent that she wanted to go to Jennifer... and snuggled closer when I tried to take her back. And then shook her head "no" and said "uh-uh" when I tried again. Tonight, though, I got to experience a sweet, tender moment with my girl. As she finished her sippy cup of milk and I was snuggling with her before I laid her down for the night, I whispered some of the sweet nothings a mom whispers to her baby... and she started whispering back in her little baby gibberish talk. Amazing how they can say so much without really saying a word.

1 comment:

  1. I am also amazed about that every day! Grace's jabbering is so fun to listen to, and you are right, they definitely get their point across.

    ReplyDelete