I think Christmas takes on more meaning for me as I watch my kids get older. I was especially thinking about this a month ago when (to my utmost joy and amazement!) my dear firstborn wanted to ask Jesus come live in his heart. (If I haven't shared this story with you yet, please ask me about it sometime... it's the BEST story a mother could ever hope to tell!) How could God really love us enough to want to really become one of us and be willing to share his Spirit with us? It's truly amazing. I am more thankful than I could ever express that God did/does love us enough to take up residence on planet Earth and in the hearts of persnickety 5-year-olds!
Here are a few highlights from our Christmas. On Christmas Eve we attended a meaningful candlelight service at church. On Christmas morning, we opened all the wonderful presents all you wonderful Grandmas and Grandpas and aunts and uncles sent -- THANK YOU for everything! Then we went to the Westras for a bit in the afternoon and enjoyed appetizers before we headed to the coast with the Walhofs (I'll post another blog about that outing).

Trying to get them all to stand still before opening presents was quite a feat.

Norah got some new boots from Grandma and Grandpa Kostelyk

The boys got a new addition to their geo-tracks -- note their excited little faces!

Daniel was our little garbage man. He did a great job cleaning and dumping all the wrapping paper.

Thanks for the pancake molds, Auntie Kim! After one trial that got a little stuck, I figured out how to get them to work -- I brushed the insides with oil first. I think you can see the little elf and reindeer pretty well! We enjoyed our special pancakes on Christmas morning!
I want pancakes like that!!!! those are so COOL!!
ReplyDelete