Saturday, December 31, 2011
Avila Beach
One of the projects I had wanted to do over our Christmas break was to catch up on our blog. So now it's the 11th hour... Saturday afternoon at the end of 2 weeks off, and I'm making a desperate attempt to catch up! Ahh! So anyway, here goes. This fall, our family enjoyed a long weekend at Avila Beach, one of our favorite places to go. We thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent together; Scott and I noted several times how we especially enjoy the fact that all 3 kids are now old enough to participate in activities without the need for naps. Woohoo!
We ate our dinners on this patio at our hotel. One of the reasons we LOVE going here (the San Louis Bay Inn) is that all the rooms have kitchens, so we can prepare meals and eat right here at the hotel, saving money and sanity by not having to go out to a restaurant.
Calvin's favorite part of the meal -- dessert (chocolate mint brownies are always a favorite).
Me with Norah (and her current favorite animals, Frigget and Goliath)
The patio where we eat; not a bad view!
One afternoon, we walked on the pier. Norah likes her birds' eye view.
We had fun watching the fishermen skin and fillet their catches.
Another afternoon we drove to Pismo Beach and got to experience the Dunes. It was quite the experience to drive right on the beach and even into the ocean! (Scott really had a job cleaning up his truck when we got home, though!)
I took Norah on a little bike ride while the boys were boogie-boarding. I just had to include this picture. The look on her face completely captures her attitude toward life in general, don't you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment