"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139:16


Thursday, May 13, 2010

Strawberries

Thanks to our wonderfully mild and extended spring, we have had the BEST strawberry season! On Tuesday, after my weekly shopping trip with the kids, I made a stop at the strawberry stand to pick some more of the delicious fruit. Much to my delight, they were running a "sale" on a flat of strawberries. Can you believe I got all these delicious berries for $12.00? I was so inspired. So on Wednesday, I spent the day making jam and strawberry pies. Altogether, I made 15 jars of jam and 6 pies. Needless to say, by the end of the day, I wasn't quite as inspired, but we did have fun passing out pies and jars of jam to many of our neighbors and friends. Fruit
Fruit of our labor

1 comment:

  1. $12?!?! What a steal! I can't wait for strawberry season here in June for jam & pies - looks like you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete