"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139:16


Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Mismatched Storyteller

With the exception of my brother, Jason, who is colorblind, I am assuming that the rest of you can tell that my dear firstborn is not quite ready to go to church in his mismatched clothes. One would think that my well-meaning 5-year-old probably picked out these clothes himself, right? Unfortunately, this was the work of my dear husband. Sorry to pick on you, Scott, but I just had to share! This is how Scott was ready to go to church tonight... I had to take a picture before I fixed this situation!

Then, the video I included is of Daniel telling the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". Scott had told him this story a couple of weeks ago and it must have really made an impression. Last night we had the Boermsas over for dinner and Daniel called for everyone's attention and then eloquently told his story. I asked him to tell it again during lunch today for the camera. He actually forgot one of his favorite parts in this rendition... the part about the wolf eating the boy up. (You can imagine him telling that part with gusto!). You may want to scroll down to the bottom of the page and pause the music so you can hear Daniel's story w/o the music!

2 comments:

  1. That is SO adorable...I love how he tells this story! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little sweetheart! He did such a good job retelling the story. Tell him we love him!

    ReplyDelete