"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139:16


Sunday, May 17, 2009

What a Weekend!

This weekend, our friends, Clint and Sara Walhof got to enjoy a little getaway to Monterey so we were able to enjoy two of their kids, Anna and Nathan. Having 5 kids is definitely busy... I certainly appreciate my mom more after a weekend like this!

Here are the kids forming their own band. Although they're not quite ready for Sunday morning praise and worship, they certainly make a joyful sound!The kids got to spend lots of time at the Walhofs pool since we had record-breaking high temps this weekend (almost 100 degrees!). Here is Calvin getting Daniel... payback for all the times it was the other way around!

Calvin had a lot of fun with a little water squirter. We all got a little squirt on our heads from time to time.

Daniel and Nathan loved jumping in the water over and over. Needless to say, the kids went right to sleep after a playing hard in the pool all day.

Norah loved getting thrown up in the air by her Daddy...

She also loved jumping in off the edge. She was quite fearless, which was a little scary... we need to teach her that someone has to be there to catch her before she jumps in!

I painted Norah's toenails for the first time... she loved it!

At dinnertime, the boys both wanted to sit right next to Anna. Good thing she's OK with having her "personal space" invaded a little. On Saturday, Scott watched all 5 kids by himself for awhile so I could enjoy lunch with some good friends to celebrate Jennifer Boersma's birthday.

1 comment:

  1. What a great time in the pool! I am not sure how I came across your blog, but I wanted to stop by and say hi since we are practically neighbors. Your family is lovely! You don't by any chance attend TCC?

    ReplyDelete